Essential Ayurvedic Skincare Tips
BY ayurdhara|August 24, 2022
Ayurveda is an ancient Indian holistic healing system based on natural herbs. It is believed to have originated in India around 3000 years ago. Ayurvedic practice is meant to bring life and balance back into one’s life. The method is founded on the concept that the body is made up of five elements that combine to form three major doshas, or life energies. Each person’s body type and personality are shaped by their dominant dosha. When there is no balance between the doshas, disease can develop. Lifestyle, nutrition, stress, exercise, and pollution all contribute to this imbalance, which has an impact on the body’s functions and can lead to disease.
Major ayurvedic skin care practices include ayurvedic facials, massages, skin disease treatments, and herbal formulations for the skin. There are several Ayurvedic skin care formulas on the market today, but it’s critical to understand the quality and components to get the greatest results. Ayurvedic skin care home remedies are also believed to address specific skin types and needs.
Key factors for a healthy skin
1. Understanding body type: According to Ayurveda, 3 doshas determine our skin health. They are as follows:
Vata: You have cracked, dry and cold skin that is prone to quick aging.
Pitta: You have fair, thin, and sensitive skin, with a tendency toward acne, moles, and freckles, ages moderately fast.
Kapha: You have normal or oily, clear, smooth, and firm skin, which ages slowly.
A proper metabolism, good blood and nutrient circulation, and moisture balance are also essential for healthy skin.
2. Nurture your skin with oil massage: Enjoy the benefits of an oil massage. Make it a practice to massage your body lightly before washing. Abhyanga is an effective Ayurvedic therapeutic massage that improves blood circulation while also nourishing the skin. If done correctly, Ayurvedic massage has a number of advantages. For this massage, you can use a variety of oils. Choose one that meets your needs and preferences. Sunflower oil, Coconut oil, Jojoba oil, Sesame oil, Avocado oil, and others are some of the beneficial oils that can be used for Abhyanga.
3. Practice yoga and meditation for a bright skin: Yoga and meditation are two important aspects of wellness. Both are interrelated. Yoga, such as pranayama, detoxifies the body, increases blood circulation, strengthens the immune system, and much more. Daily yoga and meditation will assist you in achieving an equilibrium of body and mind, resulting in our overall health.
4. Have healthy and nutritious food: Our food has a big impact on whether we have good or bad skin. Food is one of the primary causes of most of the Doshas in our bodies, thus eating wisely and mindfully is essential. Ghee, coconut oil, dairy products, vegetables, nuts, whole grains, animal protein, and seasonal fruits must all be included in your diet. However, we can identify the optimum diet for glowing skin by following a thorough analysis of a person’s body type and Doshas.
5. Modify your lifestyle: When it comes to Ayurveda, your lifestyle has a significant impact on your overall health. Maintaining a simple daily routine, drinking plenty of water, eating properly, engaging in daily exercise, following a healthy diet, and sound sleep are all useful. Detoxifying your body can help you get rid of toxins and maintain a healthy shine.
First-class Ayurvedic treatment in Dubai
Ayurdhara Ayurvedic Center is one-of-a-kind traditional Ayurvedic center in the UAE where quality and tradition meet affordability. We offer authentic ayurvedic treatments and therapies without any side effects. We also provide skincare treatments and promote prevention of illness through lifestyle management. Your health is our happiness.